Township of Hazlet
1766 Union Avenue
Hazlet, NJ 07730
Phone: (732) 264-1700
Department Head: Thomas O’Hara, Chief Financial Officer/Tax Collector Extension 8690
Monday through Thursday 8am - 5pm
- Tax office hours are Monday – Thursday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Closed Fridays.
- At 5:00 pm the tax collection computers change over to the next business day (Twp. Ordinance # 1043-97).
- Delinquent interest will be charged after 5:00 pm. on the 10th day of the month taxes are due.
- To avoid return check fee of $20.00, your check date should match the date of your transaction.
- All checks are deposited into Wells Fargo bank on the day of receipt
- Outside tax collection drop box may be utilized at anytime for check transactions only. Tax payments due for the current quarter may be paid by credit card. For information and the fees due for this service call 1-800-2pay-tax, (1-800-272-9829) or visit www.officialpayments.com. Your will have to use Hazlet Township jurisdiction #4005.and to insure proper credit to your property taxes use your complete block and lot number and also include your telephone number with the payment information.