New Municipal Administrator
Robert A Bengivenga, Jr. has joined Hazlet Township as the new Municipal Administrator, overseeing daily business operations at Town Hall. He also works closely with the elected members of the Township Committee.
You can reach out to Rob using his email contact form.
The Township Administrator presides over the day-to-day administration of the municipality’s executive and administrative business matters. The office exchanges and disseminates information and advises and consults with the Township Committee.
The Township Administrator is responsible for:
- Supervising and directing the business activities and functions of all departments in the Township.
- Efficiently and properly delivering services to the community
- Implementing the decisions of the Township Committee
- Negotiating contracts, subject to Township Committee approval
- Municipal purchasing (vendor contracts and bids)
- Personnel and benefits management and negotiation of union contracts
- Preparing the municipal budget for submission to the Township Committee and advising the Township Committee on the financial condition of the municipality
- Insurance management
- Executing the laws and ordinances of the municipality
Block Party Permits
The Administration Dept. issues Block Party permits. To obtain a permit, reach out to Annie Eng by using this email form. State the location and preferred date and time, as well as the rain date and time.
Special Use Permits
Holding a public event, like a parking lot sale? Download the special use permit application below and send to Annie Eng in Administration using the address information on this page. For any questions, contact Annie Eng by using this email form.