Health Services / Vital Statistics

Dog  Cat Tags Have ArrivedPET LICENSES

It's time to renew your dog and cat licenses. Licenses must be renewed no later than March 31, 2021 or a late fee of $5 fine per license will apply on April 1. (This fee does not apply to new pet owners in 2021)

The fee for renewal is $12 if your pet has been spayed / neutered or $15 if it has not. Proof of spay / neuter is required one time only for our records.

Rabies inoculation valid through October 31, 2021 is required. 

Make checks or money order payable to Hazlet Township Health Services. Do not send cash. Please allow 2-3 weeks for return delivery.

Applications were mailed out in late December. DIdn't get one? 

Please print out and use this application (PDF) 

  • You can mail it to Hazlet Twp Health Services Dept,, 1766 Union Ave., Hazlet NJ 07730
  • Walk up to the the Health Services Department on second floor. Hours are 8 to 5 pm, Monday through Thursday. 

Tags will be mailed out, or handed out if in person.

Thank you!

See links to applications at the end of this page. 


See the latest information on COVID-19 infection rates in Monmouth County, testing and related resources in our COVID-19 information section.

Health Department

Hazlet residents are provided public health services by the Monmouth County Health Department based in Freehold.. The MCHD, overseen by the Monmouth County Board of Health,  provides services to 29 Monmouth County towns. Visit their website to learn more or to contact Public Health Coordinator and Health Officer Christopher P. Merkel, M.P.H.  


The Hazlet Township Health Dept. handles licensing of dog and cats, as well as licensing of restaurant food handlers. See applications below.

Vital Statistics

Hazlet Township handles marriage and death records. Applicants are required to make an appointment to apply for a certified copy of a Vital Record. Appointments are also required to apply for a Marriage, Remarriage or Civil Union License. See marriage license application below.

Appointments are taken Mondays through Thursdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.


The Middletown Health Dept. is contracted to provide service to Hazlet Township.

To report sick or injured animals that pose a health hazard during week days, please call the Middletown Health Dept. At night and on weekends, please call the Hazlet Police Dept. at 732-264-6565. The county dispatcher will route the call to animal control.

The animal control office will not remove healthy wildlife from property or animals that have made their way into houses; that is the responsibility of the homeowner.

Hazlet Police will respond to pick up dogs or cats that have become separated from their owners and try to find the owners before reaching out to animal control.


Monmouth County handles mosquito control services and tick services. Learn more about courtesy inspections, hiring a pesticide company, mosquito control schedule and maps, water management and bee keeping at the Monmouth County Mosquito Control website. To reach them by telephone, call weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 732-542-3630.