Updated April 21
Due to the coronavirus, the Hazlet library building has been temporarily closed to the public since March 14 and until further notice. The book drop is closed. Due dates are extended until reopening. Fines will be waived during the closure Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Friday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. We are not accepting book donations at this time. The Monmouth County Library system is offering phone assistance during regular hours at 1-866-941-8188. Read a list of frequently asked questions.
Join our children’s librarians for fun, original, educational programs for kids from 10 months through 5th grade.
The Children’s Librarians are: Tuesdays: Miss Dawna and on Thursdays, Miss Danya.
- Baby Storytime (10 to 23 months with a parent or caregiver): Enjoy music, stories, finger games and playtime!
- Tuesdays: 9:45 am to 10:05 am
- Toddler Storytime (2 to 3 1/2 with parent or caregiver): Join us for interactive stories and songs!
- Thursdays: 10:30 am to 10:50 am
- Preschool Storytime (3-1/2 to 5 without parent or caregiver): Hear great stories, make exciting crafts, and meet new friends!
- Tuesdays: 2:00 pm to 2:30 pm
- Thursdays: 11:00 am to 11:30 am
Special Programs (Grades K & up)
- Read to our Tail Waggin’ Tutors (therapy dogs)
- Engineer buildings and themed landscapes at LEGO Storytime
- Create innovative and unique projects that combine Science, History, and Art
- Tuesdays: 4:15 pm to 4:50 pm
Activity programs for students in Grades 6 and up are scheduled throughout the year.
Book Bites, our book club for adults, meets the fourth Thursday of the month from noon to 2:00 pm. The library supplies the books, and the patrons supply their opinions! See what’s on the reading list (PDF)
Wednesday movie matinees are presented weekly, with a 2:00 pm show time. Films range from new releases to classics to documentaries. A great way to pass a few hours during the afternoon!
Renew library materials here.