We are excited to share with you some New Recreation Programs, Events, and Trips! Take a look...
* Just Craftin' Around: a 6-week Arts & Crafts program for kids ages 5-9, starting Sept. 29 from 5:30-6:30 pm in the James J. Cullen Center. The fee is $100.
* Martial Arts Program: 8-week Karate program for all different age groups and times, starting Oct. 3 at the United Martial Artist, 589 Palmer Ave, Hazlet Twp. The fee is $95.
* Chair Yoga with Amy: Keep your mind healthy and release stress through our weekly Chair Yoga classes with Amy. Starting Oct. 11 on Wednesdays for 6 weeks from 6 - 6:45 pm. The fee is $95 and it will take place in the James J. Cullen Center.
* Ready Set Dance: A unisex dance and movement program that incorporates Jazz, Hip-hop, and More! Ages 3-6. It is for 8 weeks on Monday nights from 4:30-5:15 at Perna Dance Center. Fee is $12 starting Oct. 16
* September 28, Thursday - Flu and Covid 19 Vaccine Shots from VNA, 10-2 p.m. at the Cullen Center. Protect yourself and your loved ones!
* October 13, Friday- Halloween Kids Night: A kids' night for grades 5-6 from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. at the James J. Cullen Center. There $10 fee includes some food, drinks and a DJ.
* October 14, Saturday - Town-Wide Garage Sale from 9 am to 4 pm. Rain date Sunday. Hazlet residents can sign up to sell at HazletNJ.org.
* October 21, Saturday- Halloween Bonfire at Leocadia Court Park from 5 to 9 p.m. Family fun. Continuous shuttle runs from Lillian Drive School. Don’t forget to register your Vehicle to participate in the the Truck or Treat before the Bonfire.
* October 27-29 - Hazlet Haunted House at the James J. Cullen Center, 1776 Union Ave. Presented by Hazlet Recreation and Raritan High School theater students. Free admission. Friday & Saturday Night Spooky Tours are from 7 to 10 p.m. On Sunday we are offering a Not So Spooky Tour from 6 to 8 p.m.
Two wonderful shows are offered at Hunterdon Hills Playhouse. Tickets are $125 Which includes transportation, the show, a table-served entree, dessert, and drinks (coffee and tea). The bus picks up at the Hazlet Swim Club at 9:30 a.m. and returns around 5 p.m.
* Christmas at the Playhouse on November 25, Saturday: Celebrate love, family, and the magic of Christmas.
* Beehive - The 60's Musical- April 13, Saturday: A nonstop, energetic celebration of six extraordinary women performing more than a dozen chart-toppers from Diana Ross, The Supremes, Tina Turner, and more.
Sign up on Hazlet.Recdesk.com or stop in the Recreation office located inside Town Hall on the first floor.
**Please Note Hazlet Recreation office will be closed from 10/2-10/6, we will be back on 10/10
About Hazlet Recreation
Throughout the year, the Recreation offers a variety of programs for the community. Our parks and recreational areas include the James J. Cullen Community Center, Veterans Park, the Hazlet Swim & Tennis Club, the Skate Park and several smaller parks and tennis courts.
The Recreation Office is located on the ground floor of Town Hall, 1766 Union Avenue, Hazlet. During summer hours, you may find the staff during the day at the Hazlet Swim Club just across the parking lot.
Register for programs online via our registration system, Hazlet.RecDesk.com. New users must first create an account before attempting to enroll in a program.
There is a non-refundable convenience fee of 3% for using credit cards online and in person. The fee is required by the online processor, not Hazlet Township.