I need to change my court date. How do I do this?


You must call the court to request an adjournment. If you need the date changed due to a previously scheduled vacation or work/school conflict documentation must be submitted.

No adjournments are granted on the date that you are due to appear in court. In the case of an emergency a doctor’s note or documentation will need to be required.      

Adjournments are not granted for arraignments on first appearances for serious motor vehicle summonses issued for DWI(39:4-50), driving while suspended (39:3-40) or uninsured motor vehicle (39:6B-2).