Door Side Service
Here are the steps to participate in door-side service:
1. Place your hold online
2. Wait for a call when item(s) available
3. Follow the location’s pickup time schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does door side service work?
1. Place a hold through the catalog via the website or the app, or call during regular business hours.
2. Once notified that your hold is available, you may pick up at your selected branch during the hours listed below.
3. Park your vehicle or proceed to pickup area. Call the library when you arrive. Confirm your name and library card number.
4. Items will be placed in the designated pickup location. They are labeled with your last name and the last four digits of your library card number.
5. Maintain social distancing and please wear a face covering when picking up items.
6. All returns must be placed in the library book drop. Staff will not accept returns during door side pickup. Items should not be left outside. All returned materials will be quarantined for 72 hours, fines will not accrue during this period.
Who can use door side service?
All Monmouth County Library cardholders in good standing can use the service.
When can I pick up my holds?
Once you are notified, you may pick up at your chosen location during the specified hours.
How will I know my items are ready for pick up?
You will be notified via phone or by checking your account.
What if some of my holds are ready for pick up?
Holds that are listed as ready for pick up will be held at the branches until we reopen.
Once I’ve been notified, how long do I have to pick up my holds?
Items will be held for three days before it goes to the next person on the waiting list.
Do I need my library card?
Yes, have your library card number ready when you call for pickup.
What if I don’t have a card?
Contact the library by phone, email or live chat for assistance.
What if I no longer want my available items?
Log into your account to cancel your holds or contact the library during regular business hours.
Can I return items at door side service?
Items may be returned in book drops only. Do not leave items outside. All returned materials will be quarantined for 72 hours, fines will not accrue during this period.
When will returns are cleared from my account?
After the quarantine period has passed, returned materials are checked in and cleared from your account. Depending on time staff received returns, it can take a bit longer to process items at branch locations.
What are you doing to protect the safety of patrons and library staff?
The Library will adhere to social distancing guidelines and requests all visitors wear a face covering.
May I speak to library staff?
Library staff are available by phone, email firstname.lastname@example.org or Live Chat during regular business hours.